My legs really, really hurt. I went for a ride with some of my friends around Strines Moor. Now, some of you may know that the Tour de France is coming to Yorkshire and they’re going to be going near (if not through – I can’t tell from the map) this area of the Peak District. All I can say is that it is certainly hilly, but I’m sure that won’t bother the big thighs of the peleton.
Anyway, we all met in Hillsborough and went up via Loxley Road before turning off towards the Strines proper. Then the climbing began, and continued for a very, very long time. I don’t think I ate very much and I was tired before I went out ( I know – excuses, excuses!). Anyway, the scenery was very pretty; the wind extremely blustery; and the company both supportive and a bit grumpy. It was a really enjoyable ride and I want to do it again – I think it has the hallmarks of an excellent training ride for the winter. Hopefully, it’ll get my legs in good nick too!
I’m so totally knackered though, that I don’t really have much else to say.
- Total distance: 36 km
- Average speed: 19.8 km/h
- Max speed: 55.8 km/h
- Average power: 111 w
- Average HR: 152
- 10: Deliverence (bikebore.wordpress.com)
- Them b*****d hills (racingsnake1971.wordpress.com)
- Ode to my roads (teamhasbean.wordpress.com)
Information on cycling in the Peak district
- Peak District Cycling Events (peakdistrict.gov.uk)
- Holme Moss and the Strines Cycle Route (cycle-route.com)
- 4 Rides to Try (letour.yorkshire.com)
- Cycling Touring (letour.yorkshire.com)