Blogtember Challenge: Take this short personality test and respond to your results. (at the end, find the detailed profile of your personality account – click “click to view” under “You” and “self awareness and personal growth.” You can even google your type and find more info on it!)
So, my personality is moderately introverted, feeling, judging, and distinctly intuitive. Apparently this personality type is quite rare – only 1% of the population has it. Nice to know I’m rare.
However, reading more about this, I’m not sure that it’s particularly accurate. Here are some ‘facts’ about the INFJ personality:
- ‘INFJs are gentle, caring, complex and highly intuitive individuals. Artistic and creative, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities.’
- ‘INFJs place great importance on having things orderly and systematic in their outer world. They put a lot of energy into identifying the best system for getting things done, and constantly define and re-define the priorities in their lives.’
- ‘INFJs operate within themselves on an intuitive basis which is entirely spontaneous. They know things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, and without detailed knowledge of the subject at hand. They are usually right, and they usually know it.’
- ‘The INFJ individual is gifted in ways that other types are not. Life is not necessarily easy for the INFJ, but they are capable of great depth of feeling and personal achievement.’
Hmm, I’m not particularly artistic or creative. In fact, I get pretty annoyed if people ask me to do anything creative! Generally I try to avoid it when I can. I’m not sure about a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. That sounds a lot like the language used in astrology readings and I really dislike those!
I’m always ambivalent about any personality typing. I did a bit of reading (okay, wikipedia) about the INFJ and its basis. It was developed by Carl Jung in conjunction with Katherine Cook Briggs and her daughter, Isabel Briggs Myers. I don’t know anything about psychology, so if you want more info I suggest wikipedia!
- Being INFJ (rorschachcoffee.typepad.com)
- INFJ (introverted, intuitive, feeling, judging) (wingedscorpion.com)