This was taken after climbing a couple of months ago. I guess it was a good training session!
I don’t have one ‘fave’ thing. I have many. This made the challenge for 29 August very difficult! In the end, I decided to do a collage of thing(s), people and places that I love as representations of wider areas.
- My OH. Obviously I love him.
- Photography. I’m not great, but I love taking pictures and trying to see the world a little differently. I’m becoming more confident in whipping out my camera to take random shots – this monthly challenge has really helped with that!
- Reading. I have always loved reading. While I’m currently reading candy for the mind (Kim Harrison, Karen Chance etc) I love dropping out and immersing myself in a different world. Hopefully post thesis I’ll have the ability to read more than drop-out fiction.
- Climbing. I adore it. It’s part of me; even though I never will attain the grades of Alex Puccio, Anna Stohr and Shauna Coxsey, I still love where it takes me and the feeling of achievement.
- Mountains. I grew up near them. I love being in them. I love travelling. Sometimes, when I’m brave, I love riding down them. I do like cycling up them.
- Outside. Some of my happiest memories are of being outside. Hiking, running, swimming, cycling, sleeping, sitting, just being.
I’m up against a very tight deadline for a thesis chapter. My deadline is Monday, and the closer it comes, the more anxious and incoherent I am. I’m rewriting my theory chapter 1 1/2 years after the last draft and have had 3 weeks to remember ecofeminism and feminist security studies as well as write the thing! I’m find it very difficult to translate my thoughts on paper in any form of coherent argument. This image represents the sum of nearly 3 weeks worth of work. In reality, it needs to be deleted, restructured and rewritten.